If you are initiating urban disciple making movements in a culture other than your own, you are facing the unique stress of culture change.
The stress of culture change is experienced in your 5 Rs – your routines, reactions, roles, relationships and reflections.
How you and I respond to this stress influences on our ability to effectively engage the culture, transform communities, develop leaders and multiply movements.
The stress of culture change can be our downfall – or one of our defining moments!
- Reflect on a recent particularly stressful experience:
- What are your thoughts and observations as you look back on what happened?
- What were you feeling then? What are you feeling now?
- What do you want to do? Make – and take – your own action steps.
- Participate in the Experiencing Change Gathering. This 5-week teleclass will help you:
- Gain a better understanding of the influence of your host culture on your 5 Rs,
- Process the culture stress you are facing with others in similar situations, and
- Develop tools and strategies to minimize stress and embrace opportunities in your new environment.
- Use the comment section to share ways that you anticipate and respond to culture stress.
The Experiencing Change Gathering begins April 18th. It is offered free of charge for people who have been living in a second culture for up to three years. Early registration is required and space is limited. Contact me if you are interested in learning more and I will refer you to the course facilitator.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post nor will I financially benefit if you attend the Experiencing Change Gathering. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”