What if you could only tell 20 Bible stories – which ones would they be? What if that number shrunk to 15 or to just 10?
Here is why these questions are important:
- Most people are living in pre- or post-Christian cultures — short Gospel presentations tend to assume more about God and mankind than people actually know.
- Time is a scarce and precious commodity, especially in urban areas — going through all the books of the Bible demands more time and attention than most people have.
So here is my challenge to you: if you could use only 15 of the following 27 Bible stories to help lost people discover and fall in love with God, which ones would they be?
List of 27 Bible stories:
- God Creates (Genesis 1:1-25)
- God Creates Man and Woman (Genesis 2:4-24)
- Man and Woman Eat the Fruit (Genesis 3:1-13)
- God’s Curses (Genesis 3:14-24)
- God Regrets His Creation (Genesis 6:5-8)
- God Saves Noah and His Family (Genesis 6:9-8:14)
- God’s Covenant with Noah (Genesis 8:15-9:17)
- God’s Covenant with Abram (Genesis 12:1-8, 15:1-6, 17:1-7)
- Abraham Gives His Son as an Offering (Genesis 22:1-19)
- God Spares His People (Exodus 12:1-28)
- The Commands of God (Exodus 20:1-21)
- The Sin Offering (Leviticus 4:1-35)
- God’s Righteous Servant (Isaiah 53)
- Jesus is Born (Luke 1:26-38, 2:1-20)
- Jesus is Baptized (Matthew 3; John 1:29-34)
- Jesus is Tested (Matthew 4:1-11)
- Jesus and the Religious Leader (John 3:1-21)
- Jesus and the Samaritan Woman (John 4:1-26, 39-42)
- Jesus and the Paralyzed Man (Luke 5:17-26)
- Jesus Calms the Storm (Mark 4:35-41)
- Jesus and the Man with Evil Spirits (Mark 5:1-20)
- Jesus Raises a Man from the Dead (John 11:1-44)
- Jesus Talks about His Betrayal and the Covenant (Matthew 26:17-30)
- Jesus is Betrayed and Faces Trial (John 18:1-19:16)
- Jesus is Crucified (Luke 23:32-56)
- Jesus is Resurrected (Luke 24:1-35)
- Jesus Appears to the Disciples and Ascends to Heaven (Luke 24:36-53)
Thank you for sharing your journey with me!