This is the final post in a decision point series on how disciple making teams relate to local churches.
Two things stand out from our interactions about the various ways disciple making teams choose to relate to local churches.
First, we have only touched the tip of the iceberg. There is much more to explore and understand.
Second, we are not discussing theory.
We are talking about a strategic question that will bring clarity to your next steps.
How your team chooses to relate to local churches will clarify:
- what you are asking of yourself, your team and the local church.
- the parts of your strategy that are unique to you, and the parts that are common to all disciple making teams.
- which strengths to leverage and which limitations to anticipate.
If you haven’t done this yet, sit down with your team, answer the question, get clarity – and take your next step! I’ve got your back; let me know how I can help.
- Is your team relating to local churches the way you want to relate to local churches? If not, what needs to change?
- What are the implications of the way you have chosen to relate to local churches?
- What lessons have you learned that you can share with others?
Share your thoughts and make it a conversation!