I train and coach disciple makers to help lost people discover and respond to God by showing them how to read the Bible for themselves.
This is because the Bible was written to all people, lost and found alike!
Here are three types of people that the Bible was written to:
1. People who do not yet believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God
Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
2. People who need to be sure of what they have been taught
With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
3. People who serve God to be completely equipped for every good work
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- What do you think about the assumption that the lost can understand the Bible because it was written to them?
- What are the benefits of helping lost people discover and respond to God by showing them how to read the Bible for themselves?
- What is your responsibility to lost people who are reading the Bible for themselves?
Share your thoughts and make it a conversation!