I am not saying, however, that it will be easy. Here is why:
The most difficult person for you to lead is YOU!
Self leadership is the highest form of leadership and the one that requires the most time, effort and discipline.
Nonetheless, if you lead yourself well, you will increase your effectiveness as a leader and your fruitfulness as a disciple maker.
Here are three ways that I lead myself:
1. I embrace God’s purposes for me and make them promises to myself. They are the foundation of my morning planning and the measure of my evening review.
2. I nurture daily habits that help me become the person God created me to be and to do the things he created me to accomplish. Likewise, I break and avoid habits that hold me back.
3. I prepare myself ahead of time for the challenges I will encounter as I make disciples and mobilize disciple makers. Like Timothy, I want to “be prepared in season and out of season.”1
- How are you leading yourself?
- How is your self-leadership impacting your effectiveness as a disciple maker?
Share your thoughts and make it a conversation!
12 Timothy 4:2