Yesterday I had a personal breakthrough:
I celebrated a new church building and all the good it represents.
Here are some of the good things I saw:
1. The location of this church building is a reminder to the community that they have accepted the church as part of the community. This is because the building is in a prominent location that clearly required the support of city leaders.
2. The funding of this church building is a testimony to the unity of the Body of Christ. Every Protestant denomination in the country – and even members of the Orthodox church – contributed money for the building project.
3. The purpose of the church building is to help reach the city and the surrounding region with the Gospel. God is the Master Strategist, and he is using multiple strategies to see the Gospel spread rapidly and be honored by those who do not yet know and love him.1
- What similar stories do you have?
- How would you pray at a dedication of a new church building in your community?
Share your thoughts and make it a conversation!
1See 2 Thessalonians 3:1